Everything about Apple iPod Touch. News, Views, Reviews, Rumors, Accessories and more


 

How to turn your iPod Touch into a 3G iPhone

Thursday, October 11, 2007  |  0 comments
"This is the story of how I turned my iPod Touch into a 3G iPhone," Pyrofer writes for PyrofersProjects. "Even better in fact, into a 3.5G full HSDPA iPhone!"

"This technique will work with either an iPod Touch or an iPhone, so there's no more waiting around for Apple to release a 3G iPhone,"Pyrofer writes.

"My idea was to use a Windows Mobile phone as a bridge from 3G to WiFi. Then you could just buy any cheap rubbish Windows phone, stick it in your pocket, and access the net at full 3G speed from a slimline iPod Touch [or iPhone],"Pyrofer reports.

Pyrofer also goes on to say, "I only needed to find out if the WiFi bridge was possible and how to do it. A quick trawl of my favourite sites, and I was in luck! I came across the solution on the XDA Developers Network. It took me a short while to set this up and test it, and suddenly I had my iPod Touch accessing the net at full 3.5G HSDPA speed via the Windows phone in my pocket!"

Full article & also step-by-step guide to turn your iPod Touch into a 3G iPhone!.

Labels:



      


If you enjoyed this post and want to stay in touch, make sure you subscribe to the RSS feed! or via email:


0 Comments:
    << Home
    SPEAK YOUR MIND. LEAVE A COMMENT! Just select Name/URL from the 'Comment as' box below. Enter your name (URL is not required) and leave a comment.

    Post a Comment

    ©2012 appleipodtouch.blogspot.com. All rights reserved

    Be the first to know by Subscribing

    Enter your email address:

     Subscribe via RSS

    Latest Stories

    Buy iPod Touch 5th Gen

    imageimage
    imageimage

    Categories